[geeks] F*n sweet car... has anyone seen this car yet?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri May 10 18:01:31 CDT 2002

The thing is its clear from GM records that the GTO and the Camaro were both
concepts well before the mustang launch. And there was also the whole
Tempest thing. GM had these concepts around the same time as Ford, Ford just
brought the ultimate expression of it to market first and best.

As far as the early couger project goes you are completely correct. That
project was squashed and then Iacocca and the design team resurected it as
the stang. But it was a 100% dead project and they mostly started from
scratch according to the accounts I've read.

> I have owned a '64 1/2 Mustang for 12 years, if that helps put things into
> perspective. I owned a '65 for a year before that (I wasn't even
> driving age
> yet). I currently own a '99 as well, soon to trade up to a 2003 Cobra.

Lucky bastard. I myself owned my Camaro and my Capri before the age of 18
but neither lasted long in my posession. My most recent transportation was a
leased '02 Opel Astra (think volkswagen golf meets Saturn sl2). When I am
back in funds I plan on buying a 92-94 BMW 5 series and taking it over to
Dinan and/or AC schnitzer.

Chris Byrne