[geeks] Desktops

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Fri May 10 17:59:20 CDT 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > > What are folks using for free office suites. Star Office, Open Office
> > > or something else?
> >
> > I don't use an office suite.  I have no use for spreadsheets, and my word
> > processing is done in HTML in vi, rendered, and printed.  My database
> > needs are taken care of by DB2.
>
> Do you have a MVS copy of DB2?

I have DB2 for OS/2, AIX, WindowsNT, OS/400, Linux/390, and MVS.

> Anyway, word processing via HTML is ugly.  Why do it?  Convert to
> latex and be easier on your reader's eyes.  Plus then you can do
> helpful things like page numbers.

Why is it ugly?  I use the same PS fonts that my printer uses.  Page
numbering is a piece of cake.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"