[geeks] Desktops

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 10 08:04:46 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 03:56:18AM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Ryn wrote:
>
> > What are folks using for free office suites. Star Office, Open Office
> > or something else?
>
> I don't use an office suite.  I have no use for spreadsheets, and my word
> processing is done in HTML in vi, rendered, and printed.  My database
> needs are taken care of by DB2.

Do you have a MVS copy of DB2?

Anyway, word processing via HTML is ugly.  Why do it?  Convert to latex and
be easier on your reader's eyes.  Plus then you can do helpful things like
page numbers.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo