[geeks] Desktops

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Thu May 9 22:46:17 CDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> but Access assumes you are going to use some fucked up M$ database underneath
> doesn't it?  i couldn't do work in access for export to Oracle or PostgreSQL
> could i?  didn't think so.

Just for a laugh, I used Access to look at some tables on a PostgreSQL
database using ODBC.  It worked quite well, except for one unimportant
table that mysteriously showed all of the data as "#Deleted".  Not that it
matters to me since I already have a decent PHP frontend to this
particular thing.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca