[geeks] Desktops

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu May 9 23:00:27 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:46:17PM -0600, Dave Kimmel wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > but Access assumes you are going to use some fucked up M$ database underneath
> > doesn't it?  i couldn't do work in access for export to Oracle or PostgreSQL
> > could i?  didn't think so.
>
> Just for a laugh, I used Access to look at some tables on a PostgreSQL
> database using ODBC.  It worked quite well, except for one unimportant
> table that mysteriously showed all of the data as "#Deleted".  Not that it
> matters to me since I already have a decent PHP frontend to this
> particular thing.

I wrote some code for a friend where you hit a hot key in Excel, and it
let you open, query, and dump to worksheets from ODBC sources.  Kinda usefull.
I believe siag has this built in.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo