[geeks] Jobhunt frustration

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Thu May 9 14:46:22 CDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Thoughts?  Fibs normally get the "STUPID" in trouble, but my point is...
> I am just too honest .... I need the cocky but not too cocky bastard
> interviewing skills ...

Remember that most companies put too many "requirements" in for a
position.  I have always been of the opinion that the person is worth more
than the list - if they know most, but not all of what you seek, and are
otherwise very cool, you can train 'em.

Put sown on your resume everything you have that matches.  Send it in.  If
they call, be honest: No, I don't know that.  But, based on my resume, you
can see that I have learned quite a bit, and this will not present a
problem

As for self-doubt, everybody has it.  But remeber this: If George W. Bush
can be elected president, anybody can get a job. :-)

-Pete