[geeks] Jobhunt frustration

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Thu May 9 14:24:47 CDT 2002

Apply anyway. Don't lie. No recruiter expects their candidates to have 100%
of the required skills. The vast majority of people simply won't have that
mix. I am in a job which 'required' various web application servers, but I
haven't worked with a single one. I just demonstrated my ability to learn
and advance quickly.

David

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 02:52:49PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> We've all been here... I am so considering finding a job description I
> really like and know I can do and just lying my way in... the problem is
> my prime internal directives against any form of non-truth... I have
> difficulty massaging facts in my favor if I have any self-doubt at all
> and as I have found out I either don't interview well 80% of the time,
> or I fail the phone screen...
>
> Here's an example of a really cool looking position I know I could
> handle but don't have what they're asking for:

[snip]