[geeks] Look at this bullcrap... the spammers are fighting back.

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu May 9 11:39:17 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:39:46AM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:

> I've been running spamassassin for a while now after it was mentioned on
> this list, and I have to say that I'm mucho impressed.  I get 1 or 2 spams
> in my inbox a month compared to the few HUNDRED pre-spamassassin.

i run postfix and spamd on my NetBSD mail server, so i added this to
/etc/daily.local:

echo -n "Number of SPAM messages blocked: "
zgrep spamd /var/log/maillog.0.gz | grep identified | wc -l

since the maillog is flipped once every 24 hours, it gets me a cound of the
number of spam stopped every day.  that number is anwere between 20 and 60
depending on the day.

i love reading my daily report. ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --