[geeks] Look at this bullcrap... the spammers are fighting back.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 9 13:06:54 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:39:17PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> echo -n "Number of SPAM messages blocked: "
> zgrep spamd /var/log/maillog.0.gz | grep identified | wc -l

Ooh, thanks for the suggestion.  I've just put this in my crontab:

#!/bin/bash
cd /disk/log
DATE=`date +%m-%d-%y`
COUNT=`grep spamd mail.log | grep identified | wc -l`
echo "Number of spam blocked on $DATE: $COUNT" \
        | tee -a spam.log \
        | mailx -s "spam count for $DATE : $COUNT" mrbill

That way I keep a rolling count of it in /disk/log/spam.log, as well as a
daily email.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford