[geeks] Look at this bullcrap... the spammers are fighting back.

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Thu May 9 11:39:46 CDT 2002

I feel your pain, my friend.  I had a bigfoot redirector email address for
YEARS - like since 1994 or so (whenever they started it).  I just recently
(today) deleted my account because I was getting (hold on) TWENTY spams a
day from this address.

I've been running spamassassin for a while now after it was mentioned on
this list, and I have to say that I'm mucho impressed.  I get 1 or 2 spams
in my inbox a month compared to the few HUNDRED pre-spamassassin.

I find it hilarious that they threaten to add your email addy to a public
message board.  Now that's funny.  I'm sorry - but any spammer that has
THAT much time on their hands isn't a very good spammer[1].

Gary

[1] I used to work for a semi-spammer, and lemme tell ya - no idle time.