[geeks] FW: boats

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 8 15:00:59 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 06:58:03PM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Well fountain no longer make the Lightning with turbine engines as a
> production item, but they will still build one for you if you give them
> enough money.
>
> They do however build this
>
> http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/sportboats/47lightning.html
>
> Were talking a '47 foot luxury yacht that can do 80 mph with stock power.
> They offer the boat with up to three 900hp supercharged Keith Black racing
> engines with Arneson surface piercing drives for a top speed of well over
> 100mph. They have built versions with custom powerplants capable of reaching
> nearly 140mph.

Are those things safe for ocean travel?  Cause that would make for some pretty
interesting and affordable vacations (cost of boat aside).

--
Joshua D. Boyd

Social Security - I have greater faith that Elvis is alive
and programming VAX assembler than that I will ever receive
a dime from it.  --  Patrick Giagnocavo