[geeks] FW: boats

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed May 8 12:58:03 CDT 2002

Well fountain no longer make the Lightning with turbine engines as a
production item, but they will still build one for you if you give them
enough money.

They do however build this

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/sportboats/47lightning.html

Were talking a '47 foot luxury yacht that can do 80 mph with stock power.
They offer the boat with up to three 900hp supercharged Keith Black racing
engines with Arneson surface piercing drives for a top speed of well over
100mph. They have built versions with custom powerplants capable of reaching
nearly 140mph.

They also build one of the fastest, and nicest cruisers in the world

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/cruisers/65super.html

A 65 foot yacht that'll do 60 mph. It has more (and nicer) living space than
my house, which is appropriate since it costs about five times as much.

And man do I want one of either (or both). Actually I want any fountain but
I especially want one of those two. I have seriously considered a boat like
the supercruiser as a retirement home. Either than or a 12 meter or larger
sailing yacht.

My first fountain experience was in training. Fountain supplies the high
speed patrol craft currently used by customs and the navy as well as certain
special application speedboats. The things are fast, well made, well fitted
out, and damned near indestructible. They are the favorite of movie stunt
companies as well.

Chris Byrne