[geeks] I'm so tempted.

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed May 8 12:04:35 CDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Oh and for those that don't know what AstroGlide is (Pete mentioned it ),
> its a "personal intimate lubricant" designed for use with latex dildos.
>
> How he ever thought to use it on his head, I don't want to  know. Though I
> must admit, some guys do like kind of like sex toys when they shave their
> heads.

Ah, wouldn't you like to know?

Actually, it came about thanks to "Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted
Festival of Animation".  We went to it in La Jolla, and they were handing
out samples as we left. (It's a local company.)

After Chan and I discussed all the more interesting uses, I was struck by
an idea: It seems as if shaving gel is mostly as lubricant to keep you
head from getting ripped raw, so why not use a really good lubricant?
(Besides, it's water-soluable and leaves no residue.)  It works great!
The only downside is cost, which is somewhat higher than shaving cream if
factored out to a per-use basis.  That's when I noticed that the Dr.
Bonner's soap also held up well to our (hard) water.  When mixed 50% with
water and used in one of those "foaming pump" liquid soap containers the
results are just about perfect.  It also rinses clean and leaves no
residue.  Plus, it's economical.  (If you think about it, before there was
cream, there was "shaving soap" - I used a soap & shaving brush for a
while.)

-Pete