[geeks] crazy stupid idea

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed May 8 09:59:14 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 07:26:23AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:

> Would it work if....
> I routed the thrust of the jet into a tube or a venturi under the hull of a
> boat (pointing toward the stern of course)? It seems to me that the water
> would be a good resistive force to "push" against, and a jet thrust wouldn't
> have any of the limitations of a prop. It seems to me that it should be very
> fast if enough thrust is available. The only downfall I can think of is if
> any "thrust air" is under the hull the displacement/buoyancy of the hull
> might change drastically.
>
> Any ideas? Am I destined for disaster?

Also consider what would happen if the resistive force is too great for
your engine.  Where would the exhaust gasses go?

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   Lefties are usually well-intentioned at least, and possess
   a far greater command of grammar and spelling.
      -- Noel, in soc.history.what-if