[geeks] thoughts.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 3 23:49:22 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 05:43:30AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> That being said what are the max ram, fastest procs, and best framebuffer
> for the ss10 and/or ss20? I know I've asked this before but I cant find it
> in the archives.

I think 64meg (maybe 128s?) in the '20, along with SM81 (sun supersparc) or
200Mhz (ross hypersparc) CPUs, and then the S24 VSIMM (if you want 24bit).

However, quad 200s is asking for trouble; I heard a story of a guy who
came in to work on a MOnday to find the top of his '20's case melted over
the CPU section...

I'd kill for a nice pair of SM71s or even SM81s.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford     | "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.
mrbill at mrbill.net | Hate leads to using Windows for mission-critical