[geeks] 32 Gig 1.6" SCA drives......

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Thu May 2 19:49:06 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> > That's what you get for using IDE.  I haven't had a *single* problem
> with > an Ultrastar.
>
> Nevermind the fact that the mechanisms themselves are exactly the
> same, with the only difference being the controlling electronics.

That isn't strictly the case.  When the first three letters of the part
numbers are the same, the drive mechanism is the same.  There are actually
very few drives which share the same mechanics between IDE and SCSI in
IBM's lineup.  There is much more sharing between SCSI <-> FC-AL <-> SSA.
There is very little between these three and IDE.

Peace...  Sridhar

--
"How do you fight such a savage?"

"With heart, faith, and steel.  There can be only one."
	-MacLeod and Ramirez, "Highlander"