[geeks] 32 Gig 1.6" SCA drives......

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Thu May 2 17:38:44 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 15:38, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 06:28:22PM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> > That's what you get for using IDE.  I haven't had a *single* problem with
> > an Ultrastar.
>
> Nevermind the fact that the mechanisms themselves are exactly the same,
> with the only difference being the controlling electronics.

The mechanisms are potentially the same...  10K SCSI drives are the norm
currently, and 7200 RPM drives are the norm for IDE.  They're certainly
not going to be using the same mechanism for those drives.  Sure,
cheap-assed SCSI and high-end IDE drives will be the same thing, but who
buys either of those sets of drives?
	Grge

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.