[geeks] lazy thursday night, bamboo

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Mar 14 23:13:21 CST 2002

A> many uses. make picture frames, tables, a fence, screens. you name it.
A> very versatile stuff, bamboo. just hard to cut.

Hmmm...my wife _did_ say I could decorate the basement any way I
wanted. ;-)

A> most every episode. my favorite designer is laurie (the redhead), she
A> seems to be the only one with any class. that genevieve girl just annoys
A> the snot out of me.

Not having cable I only get to catch it when I go over to my in-laws
house about once a week so I don't know the characters very well.
We all agree that we probably would never want to trade spaces with each
other - our tastes are so different.  For instance I like dark
Victorian stained wood with silver contrasts to break up the darkness
- or at other times antique brass with stone.  I'm very eclectic to say the
least.  My wife however is all country.  If it isn't country style she
doesn't want to see it.  (Not exactly true but close enough.)  We've had
some energetic arguments over this sort of thing - Goddess help us if we
build our own house.  It'll look like an Escher(sp?) painting torn from
different periods in time.

A> i gave up nickel and dime decorating, instead we've called in architects
A> for a full-scale remodel. its much fun :)

I think the "pay bills" thing is going to win on this one.  Almost to
the point where I can think about us buying our own place instead of
renting but still have to clean up the rest of the last "big" credit
card - _and_ pay my taxes.  Then we can might be able to think about getting
our own place.  As for decorating it I would like to start from
scratch with each room but not really a central theme to the house.
My wife _is_ prone to country but she's not inflexible. ;-)

Anybody ever get an industrial place re-zoned for residential?  I'm
thinking that if the building isn't _too_ ugly I might be able to
persuade my wife to go with a sort of loft type space but with rooms
off to the side.  An old industrial space just might be worth doing that.

Mike Hebel                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net