[geeks] Why?

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Wed Jul 31 10:48:32 CDT 2002

> What do non farming country dwellers do with their waste over there?

My grandparents' farm has a septic tank.

Shit flows downhill.

Septic tank... some magic... ditch...

I see no real evidence of a soak field. It is an old farm though.

Farms do direct inject slurry into the ground too...
Spraying and injection is regulated though, so ideally they can't
spray if it is going to rain soon (hence run off straight into
waterways) Fields next to environmentally sensitive things, and
waterways cannot be sprayed etc.

I used to know the regulations, I did a course in Environmental
Technology at Uni. Which was nice.

S.

--
Steven Hill