[geeks] Why?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:28:55 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:22:28AM -0500, Steven Hill wrote:

> I am familiar with slurry tanks, but have only ever seen them on
> farms. And they get emptied by tanker and spread on fields...

Farms around here do that also.  We prefer that human produce not be
sprayed directly onto the surface around here.  Pumping it into the
ground allows nature to ensure that it is properly cleaned up before
reaching the plants or the water table.  At least, that is my
understanding.

What do non farming country dwellers do with their waste over there?

--
Joshua D. Boyd