[geeks] QUIET Network Switch

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 23 12:51:05 CDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Mike Hebel wrote:

> 3Com Superstacks as long as he has a temporate environment for them to
> live in.  That and any bad fans on those can easily come from RatShack
> for replacement.

Are you implying that the fans are supposed to throttle-down when the
switch is relatively cool?  The ones in mine haven't run at any speed
other than what I would call "ROAR" for as long as I've had mine
(SuperStack II/3000).  Is there a firmware setting somewhere that I've
missed?

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "gnu: we aim to fuck up everything with the potential to not suck"