[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jul 16 18:49:42 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Then I feel sorry for you.  I just love watching the squirels,
> groundhogs, rabits, and occasional kittens (technically not a rodent,
> but numerous locals feel that they are closely related) outside.

Don't feel sorry for me.  I enjoy watching the squirrels frolic and play, but
unchecked populations here in Warwick RI have caused all manner of problems.  I
don't consider them 'cute', but I do take amusement from their activities -
just as I'm entertained by NASCAR races, but I don't consider any of it cute.
There's a difference between finding an animal 'cute' and gaining amusement
from it's activities or realizing that it provides a benefit or detriment to
the ecosystem.

Kittens and puppies are cute, oversized rats are not, IMO...

> When driving about I see deer and foxes, but I've yet to actually seen
> them from my house or at work.

Deer are majestic creatures, and tasty.  However, they also need to be kept in
check when there are no natural predators - just ask anyone on Prudence
Island...

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster