[geeks] digicam envy

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jul 14 08:41:07 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Irix kinda supports firewire drives.  Specifically, firewire drives
> are either IDE or scsi inside the case.  Scsi drives can be removed
> and connected directly to the Irix machine.  IDE drives need a scsi to
> IDE adapter.  Oh, and I'm sure either FAT32, NTFS, or UFS support
> would be needed.

I knew that Irix had support for firewire, but I thought it was central to
video capture - as a replacement for the O2 A/V module.  I have not, however,
looked to confirm that it won't support drives.  I'm mostly interested in using
firewire drives to expand the existing storage capacity without hunting for
1/3rd hight drives and another sled for my O2.

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster