[geeks] MS good?!?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jul 8 15:18:54 CDT 2002

Kris Kirby wrote:
> Heck, even the local UN*X jobs want the resume in DOC format. How obtuse
> is that?!

I tend to refuse to send a resume to someone in a format that I don't use.
Perhaps that limits my potential employers, but if I don't have Word here in
the house, how the hell am I going to make a Word doc?  Why would a *UNIX*
admin use Windows?  I have fun explaining that one.  Word isn't everywhere?
Gasp!  And what the hell is "eye-rix" and "solairis" anyway?

What I have found though, is that the software these brainless HR doodz use
imports Word docs and sticks them into a database with keyword search
capability.  That way, none of them actualy have to *read* your resume.
Apparently, this software doesn't support any other format...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster