[geeks] MS good?!?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 8 15:30:45 CDT 2002

On July 8, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Heck, even the local UN*X jobs want the resume in DOC format. How obtuse
> > is that?!
>
> I tend to refuse to send a resume to someone in a format that I don't use.
> Perhaps that limits my potential employers, but if I don't have Word here in
> the house, how the hell am I going to make a Word doc?  Why would a *UNIX*
> admin use Windows?  I have fun explaining that one.  Word isn't everywhere?
> Gasp!  And what the hell is "eye-rix" and "solairis" anyway?

  It certainly limits your potential employers.  But if it's Word
documents that you're refusing to send, well, it weeds out the idiots
that you likely don't want to work with anyway.

  Note that, however, big-company HR departments will employ
Windows-using idiots whether your potential new job is cool or
not...but I speak from the standpoint of someone who now avoids
big-company jobs like the plague.

        -Dave