[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 8 14:47:10 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 07:38:20PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> I only recently learned that the entire precept our schools operate under
> (some mumbo-jumbo about the administrators `In Place of Parents' when at
> school) was overturned in 1969! Man, do *I* feel raped. Several of my
> former classmates (underclassmen) were aware enough to know that when the
> principal says "I'm going to search your bag; give it to me now." to say
> "Call the cops. You can pry it from my cold, dead hands." or "Got a
> warrant?"

At my high school (1991-93), they always said "If you <violate rules>, we'll
take your car keys away from you so you cant have open campus for lunch."

My response: "Go ahead, take my keys, then I'll sue you for assault".

Same thing with my car parked on school property - they could search it if
they wanted, but they better have a warrant first.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net