[geeks] 4th of july plans

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Fri Jul 5 23:41:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Jennifer Sharp wrote:

> Yes, they do. In this case, they happen to be my siblings. But I have
> known others who gave me weird looks and sneered at me for not being a
> junky/drunk. I didn't particularly care, I am just stating an
> experience I have had several times. Maybe I get out more, who knows?

I doubt it. Maybe you choose odd people to hang out with. *shrug*

> These usually happened when I was in college. Once as a 19 year old
> and later as a 25 year old, I got the same responses to my refusal to
> do that kind of crap. But it has happened in different circles of
> aquaintances as well.

College for me is a 4 year-long blur. I figured out two things. One, I'm
not a beer drinker. Liquor sat on me much better. Two, in retrospect everyone
I knew acted like complete idiots and I'm glad I'm past all that enough to
not talk about the good old days (cause they really sucked).

As for after college, noone I knew ever questioned why I don't
drink anymore [1]. Then, perhaps they knew better.

--a

[1] So I won't have another stupid 'half bottle of tequila and I was
laughing at an oven door opening' story.