[geeks] College transport

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Wed Jul 3 22:27:14 CDT 2002

On 7/3/02 8:29 PM, "Tim H." <lists at pellucidar.net> wrote:
> The only thing that stops an experienced mountain biker is soft snow
> with a crust, or snow deep enough to drag your feet, ice is kinda fun,
> once you get the hang of it.  Ice is also a good place to work on your
> pedaling mechanics, it sort of enforces a smooth spin.
>
> Tim

Very true.  I mountain bike a lot in the very sandy paths around my house,
so I haven't had a problem biking in sand, I just don't want to bring my
$500 bike to college.  Now I have a two speed Schwinn Typhoon (circa 1960)
that I think I'm going to use around campus.  Anyone ever worked on such a
bike (with a coaster brake)?

-Jonathan