[geeks] College transport

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Jul 4 09:29:51 CDT 2002

I've worked on just about every kind of bike, used to spend most
official non-working hours unnofficially working at a bike shop.  You
ride that schwinn arouind on a regular basis you will stay in better
shape, but don't think old schwinn == safe from thieves because those
bikes currently have significant cool factor.

The nice thing about the schwinn is it is pretty environment proof, no
nasty brake cables etc, and a fairly simple shift system, so if you use
it as regular in inclement weather you don't have any stringent cleaning
regimen to follow.

And not to be mean or anything, but a $500 bike would not stand out at
any college I have seen. In fact these kids dirt jumping on BMX bikes
ride around on $1K+

Darn I need to go ride my bike.

Tim