[geeks] Beer

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Wed Jul 3 13:05:43 CDT 2002

> > I think Weiss biers taste like rats piss.
>
> I've never tried rats piss, so I'm not as qualified to judge, but I take
> them in much the same was as Old Style, PC, or Windows: maybe not the Real
> Thing, but occastionally enjoyable  (NOTE: this is not an invitation to
> dredge up *that* thread again).

I worked in Teviot www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/teviot for 5 years.
my old rendition of the website is at
www.waroffice.net/websites/teviot/ (The webserver is being worked on
just now, but should be alive later...)

Let's just say that's where I learned to drink properly.

>  Young's Double Chocolate Stout
> (http://www.youngs.co.uk/htmldocs/products/products.asp?SelectedID=12)

Yum.

> Boddingtons (http://www.boddingtons.com/)

I have been known to drink the occasional Boddy,

> > And single malts of course :-)
>
> I havn't yet had the pleasure of getting into Scotch. Perhaps some pointers
> anyone?

I recommend Bunnahabhain to everyone. An Islay malt that is not too
peaty. My other favourites include Jura, Laphroaig, Bruichladdich and
Oban.

> > I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk.
>
> And I can quit whenever I want.

Of course I can. I quit last night, but I think I might start again
tonight.

S.

--
Steven Hill