[geeks] Beer

Matthew Braun mjbraun at dkcs.com
Wed Jul 3 12:15:42 CDT 2002

 > Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:39:24 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Steven Hill <sjh at matrix.net>
> To: SunHelp List Geeks <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: [geeks] Beer. Was: 4th of july plans
>
> > > Ewwwww!
> > >
> > > Carling Black Label is exported for a reason.
>
> > I make no appologies :-)

Strangely, I occasionally get a taste for Old Style. Of all the craptacular
mass-market beers out there, I find it to be rather tasty at times. Of
course, this is one of my habits that horrifies my girlfriend to no end
(she's more of a beer snob than I am).

> > While a good hefeweizen would taste better on 100+ degree days, it's too
> > expensive for me to keep a constant supply on hand.  And I
> could easily become
> > a raging alcoholic if I kept *only* good stuff around...
>
> I think Weiss biers taste like rats piss.

I've never tried rats piss, so I'm not as qualified to judge, but I take
them in much the same was as Old Style, PC, or Windows: maybe not the Real
Thing, but occastionally enjoyable  (NOTE: this is not an invitation to
dredge up *that* thread again).

> I am a pilsner lager drinker: Stella Artois, Warsteiner, Bitburger,
> Kronenbourg

I'm a fan of:

 Young's Double Chocolate Stout
(http://www.youngs.co.uk/htmldocs/products/products.asp?SelectedID=12)

Boddingtons (http://www.boddingtons.com/)

And my new favorite, La Fin Du Monde
(http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin.cfm)

> And single malts of course :-)

I havn't yet had the pleasure of getting into Scotch. Perhaps some pointers
anyone?

> I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk.

And I can quit whenever I want.

"Rub the bee. Rub the bee.
Keep rubbing the bee or damn
  your eyes, your life is ashes.