[geeks] observations and rants.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Feb 15 23:39:39 CST 2002

Let me rant here for a bit.

Its a Friday night.  At 10:30, I decided to go to the 24-hour WalMart to get
some packing tape, markers, etc, so I could finish packing up some stuff thats
shiping out tomorrow (heads up, Kurt and Bill!).

So, I drove the five or six miles to said wal-mart.
I spent ten minutes finding parking.
I went into the store.

It was as if everyone in the neighborhood had decided to go to the
store at 10:30, hang out in electronics, and play rap music loudly on the
stereos there.

Got what I needed from office supplies.

Went to wander around electronics.  There were so many people in the
electronics department that I gave up.  Went to check out.

Not only were the lines seven or eight people long, there were people pushing,
shoving, ranting at each other in various languages, and walking along talking
on their cellphones without watching where they were going, not caring or
apologizing if they ran into someone.

Observations and rants:

0.  Couples should not make out or kiss extensively in the middle of the
    aisle going down the center of the store.

1.  I hate people who think the world owes them a living.

2.  I hate people who cant bother to be polite to others.  I say "pardon me"
    and "excuse me", etc - have they stopped teaching this nowdays?  Whatever
    happened to "sir" and "ma'am" and "miss" ?  I use them, and I'm only 27.
    Surely the world hasnt gone to hell in a handbasket since '74.

3.  Comparison between magazines at the checkout line:

	women's mags: "Sex tips he'll love!"  "how to do a makeover"
	              "lose 10 lbs in two weeks" "easy casserole in 10 minutes"

	men's mags: "HOT SLUTTY BITCHES WITH BIG TITS!"

4.  If someone doesent like their job as a cashier, and is displeased enough
    that the customers going through their line notice, they should be back
    stocking, etc.  When I'm coming through the line with my $20.18 worth of
    stuff, I dont expect them to sit and BS with their friends for 2-3 minutes,
    smack gum and roll their eyes, not say "hello" or "thank you", etc...
    If you dont want to bother being friendly, get your bitch ass in the back
    and unpack a truck, and get someone friendly up front.

5.  If there's more than four people in EVERY line, open more fucking checkout
    lines.  I think only four or five were open, and this store had at least
    ten.

Okay, enough ranting for one evening.  I need to start going to walmart at
3am again, and quit this "its 10:30, maybe it wont be busy" crap.

Bill (mm, Cannonball Run on DVD...)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net