[geeks] *rant*

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Feb 6 03:46:59 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:14:46AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Unracked the box, adjusted rails, put box back in.  Hookup console server,
> boot back up.  Veritas temporary licenses expired 275 days ago.

Yup. Older VxVM's would boot without a license, just you couldn't make
any changes. They changes it somewhere along the line :(

> So, I end up on the phone to Sydney, Austrailia, at 1am US Central Time,
> opening a trouble ticket.

Cool.  Veritas are about 100 metres from our main office (we used to have
2 floors in the building they are in, but we moved them elsewhere).

> Anyway, got on the phone with a guy with a weird accent, it was either
> oriental or australian or both.  He got me temporary keys, and I'm going

HEY! How dare you call an aussie accent weird :)  It's only in US movies
that they give Australians really weird accents!

  Scott
  Sydney, AU.