[geeks] Re: A/UX & quadra 650

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Tue Feb 5 17:22:23 CST 2002

> >Quadra's seem to go for a bit less around here, but so far I haven't found
> one
> >yet. ButI don't think I'm going to buy one, I just found this:
>
> Yes, but this is a quadra bundled with A/UX.  Probably worth a bit more
> than a normal quadra.

 Well, the emulator works on my W2k PC, I have a quadra 650 with 136 Mb RAM :).
The only problem I had before I went kanoeing, is that I couldn't make a
bootfloppy for A/UX. I have a "bootdisk.bin" image which I can't mount with
hfstools and tried MacDisc which needs to be registered before it does anything
to files over 52kB. Any other ideas? I'll try to think of something tomorrow,
it's too late now here.

> The other is an 840av.  Oh baby.  What I really need though is a good way
> to get full field, full frame rate, full resolution in and out of a computer
> cheaply.  The 840av can do it, with a an additional NuBus card that tends to
> cost a lot.  I love the 68k line though, and even NuBus seems kinda cool.

 Indigo2 with Indigo2Video for Impact. Mine soon :), just waiting for the card
to arrive.

  Michiel