[geeks] Track-IT.

Kyle Webb kylewebb at beckman.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 5 17:22:20 CST 2002

James Fogg wrote:

>warning, rant ahead.
>
><rant>
>I didn't think there was anything shittier than Blue Oceans Track-IT
>helpdesk software. But then the web interface "done blowed up real nice
>like" when the server was upgraded to win2k, so now I have to use the
>software client. Now its worse. It takes me 20 minutes to find, update and
>close a ticket. Its such a bandwidth hog that I move on to another machine
>while opening a ticket so I can get some work done. If I am assigned as
>responsible for a sub-task, I can't close the sub-ticket so jobs stay open
>forever. When I can close a ticket it automagically decides to spell check
>everything in the ticket. If I click on cancel, it doesn't stop spell
>checking the ticket, just that word. I hate it!
></rant>
>
>Sorry guys, I just can't stand stupid software.

I am so there with you.
We ended up writing our own oracle based ticketing system after struggling
with Track-IT for far too long and getting zip for help from them. I passed
around your message to a couple of the others here in the office, and the
chorus was "Amen, Huzzah!", and "So it wasn't just us.".
It's a wide Blue Ocean of tears to use that pig.

Kyle L. Webb