[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Sat Dec 14 21:47:46 CST 2002

> More Diesel/Bio-Diesel research... a ban on gasoline only SUV's... and
> more in the way of hybrid SUV's, Natural Gas SUV's, Hydrogen SUV's...
> etc.

	Ford is supposed to have a Hydrogen fuel one coming out any time
now. It's the smallest of the bunch. (Escapade?)

	Unluckily, they're doing a limited run on it. It's only going to
be marketed in 6 cities at first. That way they don't have to train so
many techs on it and so that they can gauge public reaction before going
into full production.

> They have City Busses and other vehicles that use alternate fuels...
> and they are large powerful vehicles too.

	The city of Portland here has several of the Toyota Prius, lots of
Propane based trucks. And I heard through the grapevine that they're
investigating Bio-diesel.

	Rick