[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 14 21:07:45 CST 2002

Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> What I think would be a huge market would be environmentally friendly
> SUV's.
>
> More Diesel/Bio-Diesel research... a ban on gasoline only SUV's... and
> more in the way of hybrid SUV's, Natural Gas SUV's, Hydrogen SUV's...
> etc.

That will only work if you can make them powerful too.  SUVs with at
least 240HP and 250ft-lbs on alternative fuel.  Diesel/biodiesel can do
that easily (with room to spare!), but hybrid SUVs, of the larger
classes, won't pass muster.  Hydrogen might work, but only if it can
make enough power in a small enough package to fit under the hood.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."