[geeks] Cable Internet suggestions...?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Dec 5 12:03:01 CST 2002

I'm thinking I'm going to delegate me little Quadra 840AV to the task of
router.  I put Debian 68K on it and found it not too quick for GUI work
(surprise surprise... i.e. unusable even though it has the maximum onboard
VRAM)... my other 24 bit NuBus cards didn't work graphically in anything
resembling a UNIX system.  I'm thinking a small HD with Net or OpenBSD (if I
can get them on it this time... I was having problems with the archive
files) and a second ae Ethernet card for the LAN side (use the built-in for
the WAN).  Right now this is the only machine I have with a second available
Ethernet interface.

Andrew