[geeks] Cable Internet suggestions...?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Dec 5 11:41:43 CST 2002

Caleb Shay <caleb at webninja.com> wrote:

> Cox RI doesn't do this anymore.  They do match against your MAC address
> now, but all you need to do is turn off the cable modem, plug in your
> machine with a different MAC and turn your modem back on and it will
> then accept the new one.  I'm using one of those little Netgear NAT
> routers right now without a problem with half a dozen machines sitting
> behind it.

It's good to see they changed that.  I actually got into a heated argument
with a level 3 tech over at Cox that insisted that NetBIOS was, is, and
always will be, part of the DHCP spec.  He figured that, since he'd been
doing this for 18 months and his answerbook said so, then that's the way it
is.  If I could've stuffed a tazer throught phone I would have...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com