[geeks] (Almost nothing to do with )Carley Fiorina

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Dec 3 01:32:18 CST 2002

[ On Monday, December 2, 2002 at 20:27:43 (-0800), Lionel Peterson wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] (Almost nothing to do with )Carley Fiorina
>
> --- "Greg A. Woods" <woods at weird.com> wrote:
> > > You really seem to be talking about bonds, not stocks...
> >
> > I suppose it depends on how you define each term.  If a bond buys
> > stock in a company then what is it?  (yes I'm purposefully fuzzying
> > up the terms here -- I don't want to discuss these issues within the
> > confines of the current terms of reference used by the financial
> > community :-)
>
> A bond is a financial instrument that allows an individual to assume
> some risk with an investment, and to be rewarded for that risk with a
> "guaranteed" rate of return.

Now there you go again.  Didn't I just say I'm purposefully making the
terms fuzzy here because I don't want to discus these issuess within the
very narrow (minded) confines of the current definitions used by the
financial community?

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>