[geeks] Parsing to memory

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Aug 15 16:22:29 CDT 2002

Does any one know any good texts on parsing things?  I guess this is one
of those things should be tought in college, but they didn't say enough
about the topic other than that state machines regular expressions and
grammers are used.

I was thinking of buying a lex book, but then decided I'd rather know
how to really do it for myself first before leaning on lex.

Of course, I've written various super simple parsers for various tasks,
but I never was able to get my Wavefront parser finished (it would parse
one type of wavefront file.  And it was easy to make it do a different
type of file, and so on, but to have one parser for all wavefront files
eluded me).  I've been playing with writing a lisp/scheme parser.

Even better than a text book would be a good online site.

--
Joshua D. Boyd