[geeks] GCC 3.2

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Aug 15 15:08:18 CDT 2002

On Thursday, August 15, 2002, at 04:00 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>>   It seems to me that this means libraries compiled with 3.1.1 won't be
>> useful with object files compiled with 3.2, is that correct?
>
> I would assume vice versa as well, but I'm sure you know more about such
> things than I.

   Hardly.

   But recompiling all the damn C++ libraries is a fucking pain in the ass
(some of those things are HUGE) so it must've been an important change.
At least I hope it was.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "I haven't worn pants in 14 months!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Pete Wargo