[geeks] How can people put up with this....

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Aug 7 19:36:33 CDT 2002

I left my apartment today for an afternoon of flyering.  I had a
staple gun, a box of extra staples, and my flyer, which I had made
the night before, as a postscript file on a DOS floppy.

I went to three print shops: A Sir Speedy, and two different Kinkos.
All three of them could read my file, and had a postscript laser
printer, but NOT ONE OF THEM was able to send the postscript file
to the postscript printer.

Nope, windows can't do that.

Gotta have an application to open it, can't just send it.

This file happens to use some rather esoteric (but legal!)
postscript trickery, and Distiller can't cope with it.
I going to try to rewrite the file such that the ghostscript
gs2pdf utility can handle it. (It chokes on a different part
than Distiller, one that should be easy to rewrite. The part
that Distiller chokes on cannot be rewritten.)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org -------
---------- "Anything Jesus can do, I can do better." - The Locust ----------