[geeks] Hyperthreading

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Aug 9 00:23:07 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 00:04, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:55:44PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > How many CPU's does it have? and how many CPU's does windows see?
>
> It has 2 xeons, and windows sees 2 CPUs.

Sorry, i sent that reply before reading that other replies (threaded
message view lied to me).

I'd make sure (somehow) that you are in fact seeing both processors, and
not the two (virtual processors?) for the first physical processor.

I've worked with a few of these, but they were single CPU (OS sees two).

	-Dan Sikorski