[geeks] How can people put up with this....

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 7 20:18:35 CDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:

> I went to three print shops: A Sir Speedy, and two different Kinkos.
> All three of them could read my file, and had a postscript laser
> printer, but NOT ONE OF THEM was able to send the postscript file
> to the postscript printer.
>
> Nope, windows can't do that.
>
> Gotta have an application to open it, can't just send it.

I think that's more a case of the user being unable to do it.  I've done
the same thing with raw PCL - "type a:\file.pcl > lpt1:", "copy
a:\file.pcl lpt1:", etc.  If its a network printer, there's some more
trickery, but I hear that "copy a:\file.pcl \\server\printer" works fine.
I can't see any reason that it wouldn't work with a PS printer, as long
as they're not afraid of doing something in DOS...

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca