[geeks] ug ... Help!

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Aug 1 12:41:01 CDT 2002

	Ok gang I need some advice on how to procede here. Yesterday the DBA
came into my office with a set of disks given to him by the big cheese to
get the data off of. It is described as very important data. Unfortunatly it
is located on two 5 1/4 disks. now thinking to myself , how important can
this data be if it is still stored on 5 1/4 disks (meaning no one has needed
it in years), I take the disks and go scrounge a working 5 1/4 disk drive.
	I get it up and running an cannot read the disks in windows 2000, so
I boot by a dos disk to look at them that way and cannot make heads or tails
of them. Only then do I find out that these disks MAY have been written
using SCO unix.
	Here is the questions. I have a disaembled box sitting here with
redhat 7.1 on it. I can get the drive physically in it quick enough. Once I
do will I be able to : A. Mount the drive and does that go the same way it
usually does? and B: read the file system on the disk and does anyone know
what that may be?
	Any help here would be greatly appreciated as it will take me days
to figure out this if I have to use the process of elimination. If someone
knows off of the top of their head I would appreciate the reply.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org