[geeks] On "doing" JD Edwards

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 1 12:38:38 CDT 2002

~ I've been offered a job on our Enterprise Resource Planning team -
~ designing, installing and supporting our JD Edwards install.
~ This is billed
~ as a step up, and it sure beats the alternative, which is NOT
~ working when
~ my job is eliminated (last day is tomorrow).
~
~ The head cheese describes it as "systems administration just
~ like you're
~ doing now".*  We're implementing it in Oracle, on a large
~ farm of Solaris
~ servers, and that, aside from knowing that the team is
~ composed of true
~ geeky types and straight shooters, is all I know.

ERP systems are big crusty detail driven monsters (unless the company is
small). Project managers and JDE consultants will be your friend. When you
get an ERP system running right it saves the company huge bucks. When you
get an ERP system wrong it can quickly cost millions. This will be a high
profile step up and will look awsome on your resume.

They must think highly of you to offer you this position.