[geeks] Authors

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 06:07:36 CDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 08:52:36PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I just finished "Cuba" by Stephen Coonts, and will finish "Hong Kong" by the
> time the night is out.  Looking forward to "America" coming out in paperback.

Are these similar to Rutherfurd's and Mitchener's historical fiction?
Any good?

> Started "The Bear and the Dragon" by Clancy yesterday, butman, thats a big
> book. I like to read while in bed lying on my side, and 800+ pages is just
> too big to hold with one hand while in the first half of the book. 8-)

I'm reading The Reality Disfunction and The Neutronium Alchemist atm - each
on its own is bigger than that IIRC, and they were meant to be a single
work.  But I'm reading them on my Palm.  I bought the e-books from
<http://www.peanutpress.com>.  I've bought lots of books from them and can't
recommend them too highly.  They have *lots* of pulp fiction - ideal for
turning the brain off and whiling away a journey.

  Some people, when confronted with a problem, think ``I know, I'll use
  regular expressions.'' Now they have two problems.        -- jwz