[geeks] sony repair experience

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 21:08:15 CDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 09:01:47PM -0500, Reagen B. Ward wrote:
> I could probably use the digital out just fine, but the cost of a
> TOSlink DAC for my preamp/amp would be enormous.

Have you considered building your own TOSlink DAC?  It seems that it could
be done realatively easy these days.  One DAC chip (from say Crystal
Semiconductors) and perhaps the smallest bit of logic should be about all
you need.  There are numerous documents out on the net about doing so.  I
keep intending to take this sort of project up.

--
Joshua D. Boyd