[geeks] remove cover from C110 HP?

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 14:23:09 CDT 2001

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:35:57AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Unscrewed the thumbscrews.  pulled on the handle.  wont budge.
> > Got the floppy tray out tho.
> > Bill
>
> Got it figured out, and got everything reseated.  Powers up now, whee!

 The only way I found, was to pick up the machine with the front facing up and
shake it till the mainboard falls out. I have a C110 and a partial C100
(missing PS and memory, anybody interested in Europe?). I suspect there is a
somewhat more acceptable way to take this machine apart, but someone with a
B132L I talked to, also did it this way....

 One thing to watch for: on both my machines the connector between the drive
sled and the backplane was flaky. And since the power button is on the drive
sled, you can have severe problems powering the machine up if you have just
taken it apart and the drive sled isn't properly seated. The person I got these
machines from couldn't get them to power on at all....

 I'm also looking for memory and drives for this machine; the memory I found
was 89 UKP per 128MB nad it uses HVD drives (also has a SE scsi chain, but
that's only 5MB/s).

  regards,
   Michiel